Scallops With Potatoes and Asparagus
Total Time: 45 min
1 tbsp butter
1 lb scallops
1/2 c finely diced yellow onion
1/2 c white wine
1 c unsalted chicken broth
1 lb new potatoes, peeled and cut in eighths
8 oz asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
3 tbsp creme fraiche
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
Minced fresh dill
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a large skillet that has a cover over high heat. Add butter and let it melt. Add the
scallops to the skillet and sear for about 1 min on each side. Remove from the skillet and set aside (they will be undercooked).
2. Reduce heat to medium low, add the onions to the skillet and saute until soft.
3. Add wine, 3/4 c chicken stock, and potatoes. Cover and cook for about 12 min until they are fork tender
4. Add asparagus and remaining stock. Cook until asparagus is soft (may need to add extra stock if the sauce has reduced too much)
5. Stir in creme fraiche and lemon juice.
6. Return scallops to the skillet and spoon the sauce over them. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Sprinkle fresh dill on the dish right before serving.