Shrimp in Tomato White Wine Sauce
Total Time: 20 min
1 lb raw shrimp (ideally peeled and deveined)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp minced shallot
1/3 c white wine
10 oz cherry tomatoes
Rice for serving (optional)
1. Place shrimp in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, red pepper, and shallot. Stir until shrimp is well coated with ingredients
2. Halve the cherry tomatoes and place in a separate bowl
3. Heat a large pan over medium high heat. When hot, add the shrimp and cook about 1 minute on each side until slightly pink and almost cooked through. Remove shrimp from the pan and squeeze the juice of 1/4 of the lemon on to them.
4. Add the tomatoes and white wine to the skillet. Squeeze the juice from 1/4 of the lemon into the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the tomatoes are just starting to break down.
5. Add the shrimp back to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the shrimp are fully cooked through.
6. Serve over rice if desired. Can also substitute with cauliflower rice.
Carbs (without rice)- 4g